I am taking a short break from cooking and cleaning for my little gathering tonight to report that onions made me cry not once but twice today. I mean tears pouring from my eyes. I’ve gotten a little misty-eyed chopping onions before but NOTHING like today. It was pure misery.
Onions are sadistic little bitches.
The official spread for tonight includes…
- Fresh salsa
- Quinoa black bean dip
- Tortilla chips and pretzels
- Buffalo fried seitan with vegan ranch
- Four small flatbread pizzas (one vegan for me, one vegetarian for my friend, and two sausage for the boys)
- Vegan rocky road cookies (this time featuring macademia nuts!)
- Hummus and veggie tray (provided by my wonderful friends)
- Lots and lots of beer
It’s definitely way more food than four need, but we’re feasting if not for just the enjoyment of it! I don’t get to see these friends often as they live quite a hike away, so why not?
I hope to post some pictures of the deliciousness tomorrow. I’ve been nomming on the cookies all day, I have to admit. I made them really small so I almost don’t feel guilty for already eating 3.
The funniest thing I heard yesterday came from my coworker, whom I told I was hosting a small gathering. “Well what are you going to do? Play games, watch movies? You just don’t strike me as much of a drinker at all.” Ha! Bottoms up!