I’m incredibly honored to have been nominated for another blog award by Former Fish Taco Fanatic, a blogger I’ve been enjoying since starting my own blog a few months ago. I think these awards are a super fun way to give props to blogs you follow you and enjoy, and I’m grateful to be included in the conversation. 🙂
Here are the details (from the VBA blog):
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Without further ado, 7 fun facts about yours truly!
- Becoming vegan for me was sort of a whim, a challenge to myself, and I didn’t think I’d make it 2 days. Now it’s been nearly two months and I’m going strong. What’s even most surprising to me is the ease of the transition and the fact that I don’t. crave. cheese. ONE. bit. 🙂
- I adore beer. Craft beer, namely. Many ladies dislike beer or keep away because of the calories/carbs/fat, but damn if I can keep myself from this delicious nectar of the gods. My boyfriend and I belong to a “craft beer of the month” club and we so look forward to our new shipments! It’s like Christmas all over again.
- I majored in English and always thought I’d be a writer. I did write at my most previous job but the position and company weren’t for me. In my free time I (occasionally) pen poetry and I’ve been strategizing a method for knocking out a screenplay my former coworker and I used to discuss at work. It’ll happen one day!
- Speaking of college, I minored in French and am in love with French culture. I visited Paris on a school trip in high school and I recall it as one of my fondest memories of my adolescence.
- I never thought I’d say this but I work for the man. 😦 Adolescent-me would be so disappointed. My work is in the sales department of a not-for-profit–at least it’s a not-for-profit, I tell myself, but in all truth we operate like a for-profit company, as seen by the mere fact that we have a sales department. Boo.
- I so believe in comfort. The first thing I do when I get home is change out of my work clothes into sweats, even at 5:00 pm. I’ve always been this way. Even in college I’d come home and change into sweats immediately. Apparently normal people aren’t like this.
- These past few months have been the happiest of my life. I’ve struggled with some sort of (undiagnosed) depression for as long as I can remember, which was the main impetus for starting this blog: getting over myself and opening my eyes to a happy, peaceful life. So far, I’d say I’m succeeding.
And now for the 15 blogs! In no particular order…
- Will Work For Veggies
- I Used to be Fat(ter)
- Crash Test Vegetarian
- Luminous Vegans
- Turning VEGANese
- An Unrefined Vegan
- With a Little Luck
- Healthy Kitschy Vegan
- Not Growing Up
- Life in the Blue Ridges
- *Vegan Sparkles*
- Epicurean Vegan
- The Veganist Kitchen Bakery
- What I Found While Walking Around